Sunday, 18 September 2016

Purple patch!



Photo 01 - the outlet stream on a lovely day!

Purple patch!

It happens every now and then when all the factors required producing bumper catches come together. We have reports of many double figure Pike being caught with regularity by our members and visitors and good catches of Brown Trout including one leviathan on which we await verification in the coming days. All the fish recorded were reported to be in excellent condition and putting up the fight of their lives!

Imagine the situation if Mr Xxxxx had his way, with engines running around the place every day of the week causing absolute carnage and granted there would be good initial catches but after the initial period the decline would begin.  And believe me it would not take any length of time, in a very short time our fishery would be decimated, we know this because of what happened in 2006!

It has now become clear that Mr Xxxxx had a hidden agenda to make a living out of the lochs taking half of every permit/engine hire sold in a completely cynical ploy!  The decision was to weigh up whether you want a sustainable fishery or a loch completely overrun with anglers and injured and dead fish everywhere! The membership has chosen wisely opting for the only sensible option of a sustainable fishery. We are currently experiencing the complete opposite of Mr Xxxxx’s vision and from speaking with club members you love it!

The club is on a high following the sacking of Mr Xxxxx with members having a clear vision of what they want the club to achieve! It may be that our engines will be for the exclusive use of club members with visitors seeking powered fishing having to bring their own engines if they wish. It may be that the club will be run as a co-operative with a higher level of member involvement as the past 4 months has delivered record revenue for the club, and coverage in terms of permit checking on the loch never before attained. In all my years as a member of the club I have never encountered so many anglers who have had their permission to fish checked twice and on many occasions three times! We are in the process of formulating a system by means of which visiting anglers will be able to "self serve" with regard to boats, oars and lifejackets should the need arise.

With members playing an integral part in the club members will meet more of the membership, have more insight into what it takes to run the club and dispense with situations such as that created by Mr Xxxxx! Already we have six anglers on the waiting list to join the club and since we cannot find out with certainty how many members we actually have because Mr Xxxxx is holding on to our database I have explained this in full and now they in addition to an increasing number of members are rather keen to speak with Mr Xxxxx regarding his ridiculous antics!

These are just a few of the possible routes for the club to take in the near future; members need to think of which direction they would like the club to take. We are currently experiencing a purple patch post Mr Xxxxx, we need to consider how best to capitalise on and maximise this effect! 

From our recommended dealer!

Some great news this wee from our recommended dealer Fishers in Penicuik they are now open 7 days per week to serve the needs of anglers. This is great for those of you who work on a Saturday so you can now visit on a Sunday! Click the link to see some truly great bargains http://www.fishersdirect.com

The wider world in my view!

Apologies!

You will remember I lost my phone last week which was bad enough little did I know it was to get significantly worse! BT probably the biggest phone provider did for me good and proper! I ordered a new SIM card and asked to keep my existing number and as fast as possible Royal Mail delivered said item on Tuesday.

All seemed to be well and the SIM card was duly activated, I did however notice by Tuesday evening I had received no phone calls texts or e mails which is very unusual. On getting home a flock of e mails came in as the phone connected to the house broadband. Time to phone the BT helpline!

The chap seemed very pleasant but seemed to be struggling to solve my problem. He had me out front, in the house and round the back checking signal quality and out the back a full signal was received. He asked if I could hold for a couple of minutes and said he was going to discuss the problem with his supervisor.

When the supervisor came on to the line he told me that the EE mast at Roxburgh street was malfunctioning and all BT, EE traffic was being sent to Wester Langlee and the large queues were causing problems! I asked when this would be sorted and he was unsure when normal service would be resumed.

Again he asked me to hold whilst he made further enquiries. When he came back he said he had some good news in that EE were erecting a new mast at Ladhope and that this would be fully functional in three weeks!  My jaw dropped and I asked what I was expected to do for the next three weeks. He apologised and offered me a £20 refund which of course is irrelevant as I wanted a phone service not cash back.

He thought there might be a chance of a repair being carried on the malfunctioning mast and advised that I hold on for another day which I did reluctantly. By Wednesday evening there was still no service so again to the help line. After listening to more cock and bull stories I asked for my PAC code and terminated my service with them. I have joined Giff Gaff and my new SIM arrived yesterday and I should be up and running in another day or so with my usual number. So apologies to all who phoned or texted blame BT, I am expecting a deluge of calls and texts when I am connected.

What I cannot understand is how I have to suffer no service even out with the area, surely the service should work in other towns yet it does not! The bottom line is that these people could not care less once they have you signed up expect zero service!

A resounding failure!

Yes we thought we had heard the last of Lord Snooty and his interminable bungling but now rather than facing up to the absolute mess he created has decided to jump ship and bow out of politics! Of course the country rues the day he decided to enter his record of bungling will likely never be equalled! Lord Snooty was the most disastrous Prime Minister the people of Britain have had to endure!

His cry on being elected was to stop the Tory party banging on about Europe he has failed spectacularly! His memory will be recorded as the man who accidentally took us out of Europe! His wish was to be seen as a master tactician instead he will be seen as a master bungler! Choosing the easy way out falling back on his personal fortune is an option not available to the masses!


 He was no great Prime Minister rather a resounding failure who hurt many poor, weak and disabled people in the country!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.